Goat’s cheese salad
Quick and easy but impressive goat's cheese and bacon salad that's ready in just 20 minutes. The pecans are a simple addition but give the salad a bit of extra crunch. Chicory is available all year round, but is best from January through to mid-March.
- Serves: 2 persons
- ½head frisée lettuce, washed and root trimmed off
- 1head chicory, split into leaves
- 1handful pecans, toasted
- about 100g goat’s cheese log, each cut into quarters
- 2slices sourdough bread, toasted and cut into 8 big croutons
- 4rashers bacon, chopped
- olive oil
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar
Step 1Cut the frisée into manageable lengths and shred the chicory leaves, arranging on a flat plate or platter. Sprinkle on the pecans. Divide the goat’s cheese between the croutons on a small baking tray and grill briefly under a high heat.
Step 2Meanwhile, fry the bacon in 1 tbsp oil until deeply golden. Add the vinegar to the pan – it will sizzle so carefully swirl/stir to combine and lightly season.
Step 3Spoon the bacon and dressing over the leaves and add the croutons and goat’s cheese. Serve.