A simple but refreshing fruit salad is a delicious way to end a meal – swap in any seasonal fruit you need to use up
- Serves: 6 persons
- 75g light brown soft sugar
- small bunch of mint , leaves picked and roughly chopped
- ½lime , juiced
- 1ripe pineapple , peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2firm kiwis , peeled and cut into wedges
- 150g blueberries
- 250g strawberries , hulled, trimmed and quartered
Step 1Pour the sugar and 40ml of water into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and swirl until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has become syrupy, about 3-4 mins. Stir in the mint leaves and lime juice, then set aside.
Step 2Combine the pineapple, kiwi, blueberries and strawberries in a large bowl. Drizzle over the dressing, stir to combine, then tip onto a platter and serve.