Recipe Tip: Blood Orange and Mackerel Salad
Top Recipe for 4 Persons by Ciccio Sultano. All ingredients and tips for getting it right. Sicilian chef Ciccio Sultano's salad is full of vibrant flavours and glorious colour. Let this dish brighten up your dinner plate.
- 2spring onions, washed and trimmed
- 100 mliced water
- 2tarocco (or other) blood oranges, segmented
- 2oranges, segmented
- 1organic lemon, ideally Sicilian, segmented
- 1red chilli, finely sliced
- 30 gparsley leaves, chopped
- 150 mlextra virgin olive oil
- 2 canmackerel fillets in oil, drained
Step 1Cut the spring onions into long fine strips and place in the iced water while you prepare the salad.
Step 2Mix the citrus fruit segments together in a bowl with the chilli and parsley.
Step 3Drizzle in the olive oil, season with salt and set aside for 15 minutes to let the flavours meld.
Step 4Just before serving, remove the spring onions from the ice water and drain on kitchen paper. Add to the salad.
Step 5Carefully remove the mackerel fillets from the oil and serve with the salad.