Try this easy paillard of chicken, flattened to make a thin escalope. Pan-fried and served with red peppers and anchovies, it's a speedy and healthy meal for two
- Serves: 2 persons
- olive oil
- 2red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2anchovies, roughly chopped
- a small bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1lemon, halved
- 2skinless chicken breast fillets
Step 1Heat a little olive oil and fry the red peppers until they are soft and toasted at the edges. Add the garlic and stir, then add the anchovies and cook for 5 minutes before stirring through the parsley and squeezing over some lemon. Season.
Step 2Meanwhile, halve the chicken fillets horizontally, put them between sheets of cling film and bash them out with a rolling pin until thin. Brush with oil, season well and then fry until just cooked through. Squeeze over the remaining lemon and serve with the peppers.