Grilled mango, tomato and burrata platter
A joyful, vibrant mix of heritage tomatoes, smooth burrata, grilled mango and a lime chilli dressing. Perfect for a sharing lunch al fresco
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1large mango (around 250g), peeled and cut into wedges
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 90ml lime juice (around 3-4 limes)
- 80ml fish sauce
- 80g soft light brown sugar
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 red bird’s-eye chillies, finely chopped (depending on how hot you like it)
- 450g tomatoes, halved (the more colourful the better – we used mixed cherry tomatoes)
- 1long shallot, finely sliced
- large handful basil, finely chopped, plus a few small leaves to garnish
- small handful thai basil, finely chopped
- 2spring onions, finely sliced
- 150g burrata
Step 1Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Toss the mango with the oil then griddle the wedges for 2 mins on each side until you get visible char marks. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with 10ml of the lime juice.
Step 2Whisk the remaining lime juice with the fish sauce, sugar, garlic and chilli. Combine half the dressing with the tomatoes, shallot and herbs. Leave to sit for 10 mins, allowing the flavours to mingle.
Step 3Toss the spring onions with the tomato mixture before arranging on a platter. Add the mango and top with the burrata. Break open the creamy cheese centre and garnish with the extra basil and more spoonfuls of the dressing.