Recipe Tip: Black Truffle Soup 'VGE' - Falstaff
Top Recipe for 1 Persons by Paul Bocuse. All ingredients and tips for getting it right. Paul Bocuse revealed the recipe for his legendary dish for the Falstaff Witzigmann Special
- 1 tablespoonNoilly Prat vermouth (or other vermouth)
- ½ lchicken stock
- 20 gblack truffles
- 20 gfoie gras
- 10 gvegetables, finely diced and cooked in butter (carrots, onions, celery and mushrooms in equal parts)
- 10 gchicken breast (½ cm), cooked and diced
- sea salt
- black pepper from the mill
- 1puff pastry sheet (60 g)
- egg yolk to coat
Step 1Place the finely diced vegetables, the diced poultry breast, the foie gras cut into pieces and the thinly sliced truffles into an individual soup tureen.
Step 2Add the Noilly Prat and pour in the poultry stock. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3Cover the tureen with the puff pastry, pressing the edges of the pastry well on the outside edges, so that the flavours of the soup cannot escape.
Step 4Brush using a pastry brush with mixed egg yolk and place in oven preheated to 220 ˚C. After 18 to 20 minutes remove and serve.