Recipe Tip: Pink Summer Sundae with Caramel Wafers
Top Recipe for 4 Persons. All ingredients and tips for getting it right. Variations of the sundae can be made to suit your mood and look particularly good in these shimmering cups from Le Creuset.
- 250 gstrawberries
- 4 tablespoonsicing sugar
- 4large caramel wafers (stroopwafels)
- 4small caramel wafers (stroopwafels)
- 160 gwhite chocolate, melted
- pink shimmering food colouring powder for garnishing
- pink shimmering edible decorative pearls for garnishing
- 1 lberry sorbet (strawberry, raspberry, your choice)
- 1 lvanilla ice cream
- 1 lstrawberry ice cream (alternatively frozen yoghurt)
Step 1Preheat the oven to 220 °C convection oven.
Step 2Clean the strawberries, spread them on a baking tray and dust generously with icing sugar. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until shiny.
Step 3Make sure they don't collapse and lose too much liquid.
Step 4Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, dip the caramel wafers in it and decorate the wafers with decorative pearls or food colouring powder. Place in the freezer and leave to cool.
Step 5To serve, fill four Le Creuset cups (350 ml) each with a scoop of berry sorbet, vanilla ice cream and strawberry ice cream (alternatively frozen yoghurt). Place the caramel wafers in the top of the sundae and add some roasted strawberries. If desired, drizzle some melted white chocolate over the top.