Charred brassica with blood orange, buttermilk, hazelnuts and extra virgin olive oil
This brassica salad is served with a simple buttermilk dressing which uses Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for extra richness. Ben Tish chars the vegetables in a hot pan to bring out their sweetness.
- 250g of cabbage, a mix of hispi, savoy and winter greens, cores removed and leaves torn into pieces
- 120g of purple sprouting broccoli, stalks trimmed
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3blood oranges, peeled, segmented and pith removed
- 1orange, juiced
- 100g of hazelnuts, toasted
- 100ml of buttermilk
- 1sprig of rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 50ml of Carapelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling broccoli and cabbage
Step 1Set a griddle pan over a high heat
Step 2Toss the cabbages and broccoli with some olive oil, sea salt and pepper and then char them all in 2–3 batches, turning as you go. Keep a light crunch to the leaves but let the edges blacken
Step 3Place the broccoli and cabbages in a salad bowl and add in all the other ingredients, then mix carefully. Check the seasoning and then transfer to a serving dish.