This healthy, no-fuss breakfast can be prepped just five minutes the night before, ready for you in the morning. Customise with your choice of fruit, nuts, seeds and other toppings
- Serves: 2 persons
- 75g porridge oats
- 175ml milk (of your choice)
- 2tsp chia seeds
- 1tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 2tsp maple syrup (optional)
- chopped nuts or nut butter
- seasonal fruit (such as chopped apple, berries or sliced banana)
- yogurt (of your choice)
Step 1Put the overnight oats ingredients in a bowl and mix together, adding the maple syrup for sweetness, if you like. You can add some cocoa, mashed berries, grated apple or a few pinches of ground spice such as cinnamon and cardamom if you prefer to flavour the oats. Cover and chill overnight.
Step 2In the morning, give the oats a stir and add a splash more milk if you prefer them a little looser. Top with nuts, fruit, yogurt or whatever you fancy.