Make breakfast an occasion with this simple, speedy recipe for baked oats – ready in half an hour, it's great topped with nuts, berries and yogurt
- Serves: 3 persons
- 100g porridge oats
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp runny honey plus extra to serve
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1banana peeled and chopped
- flavourless oil for the tin
- a handful of chocolate chips, sliced bananas, berries or chopped nuts to serve (optional)
Step 1Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Put the oats into a food processor and whizz until they resemble flour. Add a pinch of salt, the baking powder, honey, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and banana, and whizz again until the mixture is smooth.
Step 2Lightly oil a medium baking dish (about 15cm x 20cm) and pour in the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen, golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Step 3Serve the baked oats fruit, yogurt and an extra drizzle of honey for breakfast, or with ice cream, chopped nuts and a drizzle of melted chocolate for dessert.