These grilled halloumi kebabs are made pretty special by the contrast of salty cheese, sweet-sour pickled peaches and spicy chipotle-thyme yogurt
- Serves: 6 persons
- 750g halloumi, cubed or thickly sliced
- 6large or 12 small flatbreads, warmed
- 2x 415g tins peaches in natural juice
- 170ml cider vinegar
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 2tsp sea salt flakes
- 1red chilli, finely sliced
- 500g natural yogurt
- 3tbsp thyme leaves
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 4chipotles in adobo, finely chopped, plus some of their juice (see cook’s notes, or use 1-2 tbsp of chipotle paste)
Step 1Light the barbecue. Drain the peaches, reserving the juice, and slice into thick wedges. Add the vinegar, sugar, salt and chillies to the peach juice and stir to dissolve. Pour over the peach wedges and leave to sit.
Step 2Mix the yogurt with the thyme, lemon juice, the chopped chipotles and some of their sauce (add more or less to suit your taste). Season with salt.
Step 3Skewer the halloumi cubes or just put slices directly on the hot barbecue. Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden. Serve with the pickled peaches, chipotle yogurt and flatbreads.