Crab and prawn cocktail rolls
Effortless finger food for a party, these rolls look really impressive but are simple to whip up, thanks to shop-bought ingredients and a little know-how. Serve with thick-cut crisps and dressed lettuce leaves
- Serves: 12 persons
- 6x 200g tubs of prawn cocktail (try M&S Our Best Ever)
- 300g small peeled prawns (defrosted if frozen)
- 500g white crab meat
- 12long brioche buns
- 4Little Gem lettuces, shredded
- paprika, for dusting
- chives, chopped, to serve
- trout or salmon caviar, to serve (optional)
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Romaine lettuce leaves, dressed in a vinaigrette, to serve
- 12bags plain-flavoured Slabs or other very thick crisps, to serve
Step 1Tip the prawn cocktail and prawns into a bowl and fold them together, then carefully fold in 500g of white crab meat.
Step 2Split the buns downwards through the middle almost to the bottom. Fill each bun with some of the shredded lettuce, then top with the prawn and crab mixture, and bring the sides together.
Step 3Sit the rolls next to each other with strips of kitchen paper separating them so they can be picked up easily. Dust the tops with a pinch of paprika and decorate with the chives and/or a tsp of trout or salmon caviar each. Serve on a platter with the lemon wedges and piles of dressed Romaine lettuce leaves on the side. Put the crisps into individual bowls.