Using chicken mince instead of thigh or breast here allows more room for flavour, and these Middle-Eastern spiced bites are packed full of it
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1small red onion, finely diced
- 1garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 500g chicken mince
- 1tbsp baharat seasoning (see top tip)
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1egg, lightly beaten
- 1tbsp fresh coriander, leaves and stems finely chopped
- 4salad tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
- 10g parsley, roughly chopped
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp tahini
- 1tsp honey
Step 1Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion over a medium for 3-4 mins until beginning to soften. Stir in the garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Season and remove from the heat.
Step 2Put the mince in a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients. Add the onion mix and use slightly damp hands to combine well. Form into 12 oval shaped patties and place onto a foil lined grill rack.
Step 3Preheat the grill to medium-high. Cook the kofta for 8-10 mins on each side until golden and cooked through.
Step 4Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, cucumber and parsley in a bowl. Whisk together the remaining salad ingredients, season until emulsified and toss through the salad. Serve on the side of the kofta.