Recipe Tip: Grilled King Prawns - Falstaff
Top Recipe for 4 Persons. All ingredients and tips for getting it right. These grilled prawns with tomato, mint and chilli are a great BBQ dish.
- 16large king prawns in their shell
- 60 mlextra virgin olive oil
- 3Roma tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1red chilli, finely chopped
- zest and juice of one lime (plus more limes to cut into wedges for serving)
- ½ bunch(es)mint, finely chopped (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- 1red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoonwhite wine vinegar
- sea salt, black pepper
Step 1Heat barbecue to high heat.
Step 2Cut lengthwise through the king prawns with a sharp knife, also cutting through the head, devein and discard innards, rinse under running water
Step 3Brush prawns with a little oil.
Step 4Mix tomato, chilli, lime zest and juice, the remaining olive oil, mint, onion and vinegar into a salsa, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Step 5Grill the prawns with the cut side down for 2-3 minutes, then turn onto the shell side and grill for a further minute.
Step 6Take the prawns off the grill, drizzle with the salsa, garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges and serve.