Recipe Tip: Grilled Tiger Prawns
Top Recipe for 4 Persons. All ingredients and tips for getting it right. Light the barbecue and we will provide you with the best grilling recipes. For example, grilled king prawns with tomatoes, mint and chilli.
- 16extra large prawns, shell on
- 60 mlextra virgin olive oil
- 3fresh roma or plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lime, additional lime wedges for dressing
- ½ bunch(es)mint (chop most of the leaves, save the rest for serving)
- 1red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoonswhite wine vinegar
- 1 pinch(es)salt
- 1 pinch(es)freshly ground black pepper
Step 1Preheat the barbecue to a high heat.
Step 2Using a sharp knife, slice the prawns along the body and cut through the head. Dispose of the head and guts. Coat the prawns with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
Step 3Mix the tomatoes, chilli, lime zest, lime juice, the remaining olive oil, mint, onion and vinegar to make a salsa. Then season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Step 4Grill the prawns, cut side down, over the charcoal for 2 to 3 minutes. Then turn and grill for another minute.
Step 5Dressing: Drizzle the shrimp with the salsa, top with the lime wedges and garnish with whole mint leaves.