This one-pot puttanesca makes a really easy midweek meal for one. The pasta soaks up the flavours, and the starch makes the sauce rich and creamy
- Serves: 1 person
- 2anchovies, chopped
- a pinch (optional) chilli flakes
- 1tbsp nonpareille capers
- 8black olives, stoned and sliced
- 2vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 4sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- such as riccioli 100g short pasta
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1clove garlic, crushed
- a handful of leaves basil
- 200-400ml vegetable or chicken stock
Step 1Put everything except the stock in a small pan with a small pinch of salt, and a good grind of black pepper.
Step 2Add enough stock to just cover the pasta: how much will depend on how big the pan is. Bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 8-12 minutes, stirring the pasta occasionally to coat in the sauce.
Step 3Simmer until the pasta is tender and the liquid reduced to a sauce. Serve with more basil if you like.