Sausage, pear and parsnip traybake
Serve these delicious roast sausages with parsnip, pear and red onion. Ready in under an hour, pair with your favourite potatoes and steamed veg
- Serves: 4 persons
- 300g baby parsnips, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2pears, peeled, cored and cut into slim wedges
- 2red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 8pork sausages (good quality)
- 3garlic cloves, gently crushed, skins kept on
- 1tbsp olive oil
- a few rosemary sprigs
- 2tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2tbsp runny honey
- steamed vegetables, to serve
Step 1Heat the oven to 200C/180C/gas 6. Put the parsnips, pears, onions, sausages and garlic in a large, rimmed baking tray. Drizzle with the oil and toss with the rosemary sprigs. Season lightly and bake for 15 mins.
Step 2Combine the mustard and honey in a small bowl. Remove the tray from the oven and drizzle with the honey-mustard mixture. Toss together, then return to the oven for 25 mins or until sticky and golden. Serve with steamed vegetables of your choice.