Warm up your week with this nourishing, easy-to-cook soup that’s packed with veggies. You can make it vegan, depending on the stock used. Enjoy with slices of crusty bread
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1large onion, finely chopped
- 1garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300g carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 250g courgettes, finely diced
- 100g Savoy cabbage, thick ribs removed, finely shredded
- 1 ⅕litres vegetable stock
- 1unwaxed lemon, zested and juiced
- crusty bread, to serve
Step 1Heat the oil in a large lidded pan over a medium heat. Tip in the onion and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 mins or until softened. Add the garlic and carrots, and stir them through the onions. Lower the heat and cover the pan. Cook for 10 mins, shaking the pan once or twice to mix the vegetables.
Step 2Mix through the celery and continue cooking for a further 5 mins, shaking the pan, then add the courgettes and cook for a few minutes more. Toss in the cabbage along with the stock, lemon zest and juice. Turn up the heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 mins. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread, if you like.