Spiced-Up Pork Blade Roast, Rotisserie Style
With an easy garlic and paprika rub and a beer and herb mixture to keep it moist and tasty, this recipe makes a delicious grilled pork roast.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1pork blade roast (about 4 to 5 pounds)
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 2teaspoons ground paprika
- 1teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 12ounces beer (substitutes: apple or orange juice)
- Fresh herbs (e.g., sprigs of rosemary, thyme or chives, or about 2 teaspoons each of dried rosemary and thyme leaves)
Step 1Arrange the roast on the rotisserie skewer and heat the grill.
Step 2Combine the garlic, paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Step 3Rub the pork all over with the spice mixture.
Step 4Put the rotisserie on and adjust the heat source so the pork is cooking over indirect heat; try to maintain a temperature of about 325 to 350 F.
Step 5Place a disposable aluminum pan under the pork and add the herbs and beer to the pan.
Step 6Close the lid of the grill and cook the pork for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the pork registers 145 F on a meat thermometer.