Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies (Pareve)
A recipe for kosher, non-dairy mint chocolate chip brownies, made with both chocolate and cocoa powder and flavored with vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Serves: 16 persons
- ½cup/45 grams chopped dark chocolate (or bittersweet chocolate chips)
- ¼cup/45 grams bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¾cup/145 grams sugar
- ⅓cup/80 milliliters olive oil (extra virgin is fine)
- 2large eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¾cup/75 grams all-purpose flour
- ¼cup/30 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: Confectioners' sugar for dusting
Step 1Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C.
Step 2Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Melt the dark or bittersweet chocolate in the microwave or the top of a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
Step 3In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, olive oil, eggs, vanilla, and peppermint extract.
Step 4In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
Step 5Slowly add the melted chocolate, stirring constantly, until it is totally incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 6Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or the top is glossy and a tester inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
Step 7Cool the brownies in their pan on a wire rack.
Step 8Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into squares to serve.