Crockpot French Toast
This easy and delicious crock pot French toast is the perfect fix-it-and-forget-it treat for a leisurely weekend breakfast.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1(16 ounce) loaf day-old crusty bread, cut into large cubes
- 2cups milk
- ¼cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼teaspoon salt
- 3tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Maple syrup, to serve
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Place the cubed bread in the slow cooker .
Step 3In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
Step 4Pour the egg mixture over the bread and press down the bread to help it soak up the liquid.
Step 5Cut the butter into small pieces and dot over the surface.
Step 6Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or low for 4 1/2 hours.
Step 7Serve warm, dusted with confectioners' sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.