Valentine's Day French Toast
Surprise your honey on Valentine's Day morning. This is a wonderful French toast recipe with strawberries and bananas for garnish!
- Serves: 2 persons
- 1tablespoon milk, or to taste
- 3dashes ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 2dashes ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 4slices bread
- 1teaspoon butter, or to taste
- 1banana, or more to taste, sliced
- 6strawberries, or more to taste, sliced
- 2tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste, warmed
- ½teaspoon confectioners' sugar, or to taste
Step 1Beat eggs, milk, nutmeg, and cinnamon together with a fork in a bowl until somewhat smooth.
Step 2Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Step 3Dip a bread slice into egg mixture to evenly and generously coat each side and put into the hot skillet; cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with each bread slice.
Step 4Cut each slice in half on a diagonal and arrange onto 2 plates. Arrange banana and strawberry slices on the plates around the French toast. Drizzle maple syrup over the French toast; dust with confectioners' sugar.