Lasagna Noodle Soup
A delicious hearty soup featuring BelGioioso Ricotta con Latte®.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1cup diced onion
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 2(14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1(8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ¼cup tomato paste
- 4cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 6each uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1pinch Salt and pepper
- 8ounces BelGioioso Ricotta Con Latte®
- ½cup BelGioioso Grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1In a large saucepan, brown beef and onion over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 to 60 seconds. Drain.
Step 2Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, and Italian seasoning. Bring mixture to a boil and stir in lasagna noodles. Reduce heat slightly and cook for 10 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3For the cheese topping, in a small bowl, mix together the Ricotta and Parmesan.
Step 4To serve, spoon soup into a bowl and top with a spoonful of the cheese mixture.