Instant Pot® Beef, Mushroom, and Barley Bowl
Comfort food goodness for the whole family! This is a modern version of my mom's dish.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds beef round roast, cubed
- 1(14 ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1cup pearl barley
- 1onion, chopped
- 1(8 ounce) package fresh button mushrooms, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2packets 100%-juice cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1tablespoon dried parsley
- 1teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1teaspoon sazon seasoning (such as Badia® Tropical®)
Step 1Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Heat oil and brown beef for 5 minutes. Add beef broth, pearl barley, onion, mushrooms, garlic, bouillon powder, celery, parsley, Italian seasoning, and sazon seasoning. Mix to combine.
Step 2Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 35 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
Step 3Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 12 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.