Chicken Butternut Squash Posole
This is quick to put together and smells great while cooking! You can have fun with different types of salsas to add different flavor profiles! Cheese, green onions, and cilantro can be used as garnish, if desired.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2(15 ounce) cans red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1(28 ounce) can hominy
- 3cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1(16 ounce) jar salsa
- ½(12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- ½cup heavy whipping cream
Step 1Combine chicken, butternut squash, red beans, hominy, chicken broth, salsa, beer, and Mexican oregano in a slow cooker.
Step 2Cook on Low for 7 1/2 hours (or on High for 3 1/2 hours). Stir cream into soup and continue cooking for 30 minutes more.