Roasted Carrots With Cilantro Yogurt and Peanuts
Carrot takes center stage in this easy-to-assemble side dish. Tangy Greek yogurt is combined with cilantro, coriander and lime juice to create a creamy bed for carrots that have been roasted until just caramelized. Salted peanuts finish the dish with a nice little crunch. If you can find rainbow carrots, this dish becomes even more vivid, but straightforward orange ones work just as nicely.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1 ½pounds medium carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise (quartered lengthwise if large)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1teaspoon ground coriander
- 1cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- ½cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¼teaspoon ground coriander
- 1tablespoon lime juice, (about 1/2 lime), plus more for serving (optional)
- Pinch of Aleppo pepper or red-pepper flakes (optional)
- Kosher salt
- ¼cup roughly chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- 3tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced, green parts only
- Flaky salt, for serving
Step 1Heat oven to 400 degrees. Make the carrots: In a large bowl, toss the carrots with the olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper, add the dried coriander, and toss the mixture to evenly coat. Place the carrots cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, flipping about halfway through, until the carrots are golden brown and tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
Step 2While the carrots roast, make the cilantro yogurt: In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, cilantro, ground coriander, lime juice and Aleppo pepper or red-pepper flakes, if using. Stir well to combine and salt to taste.
Step 3Spread the cilantro yogurt on the bottom of a plate or platter and arrange roasted carrots on top. Scatter peanuts and scallions on top, and finish with flaky salt and a squeeze of lime juice, if using.