Oatmeal gets the Italian treatment in this quick and easy recipe flavored with fresh citrus, ricotta cheese, and honey.
- Serves: 1 person
- ½cup Quaker® Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 1cup water
- ¼cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ½teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1teaspoon honey
- 3fresh orange segments
- 2teaspoons coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted if desired
- 1teaspoon light brown sugar
Step 1In medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in oats. Cook uncovered over medium heat, 1 minute for Quick Oats, 5 minutes for Old Fashioned Oats, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in ricotta, orange zest, and honey. Top with orange segments, walnuts, and brown sugar.