Thai-Inspired Fruit Salad
This is a unique fruit salad with a tart, creamy dressing with coconut, lemon, and ginger, and candied cashews with mint, cayenne, and cumin.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- ¾cup white sugar
- 1tablespoon crushed dried mint
- 1teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon ground coriander
- 7lemons, juiced
- ½cup white sugar, or more to taste
- ½(15 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1(1 inch) piece fresh ginger, finely chopped, or more to taste
- 6cups watermelon, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3cups cantaloupe, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4kiwi fruits, sliced
- 1apple, diced
- ½cup raisins
- ½cup shredded coconut
Step 1Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Step 2Cook and stir butter, cashews, 3/4 cup sugar, dried mint, cayenne pepper, cumin, and coriander in a skillet over medium-low heat until sugar has dissolved and cashews are browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
Step 3Spread cashews over the prepared baking sheet to cool.
Step 4Place lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar in a blender. Blend until sugar is dissolved. Add coconut milk and ginger; blend until smooth.
Step 5Combine watermelon, cantaloupe, kiwi, apple, raisins, and shredded coconut in a large bowl
Step 6Pour coconut mixture over fruit and gently toss to coat.
Step 7Sprinkle cooled cashews over fruit salad.