Harissa-spiced chicken with bulgur wheat
This spicy harissa dish will bring vibrant flavours to your table
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1tbsp harissa paste (we used Belazu Rose Harissa)
- 4skinless chicken breasts
- 1tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 1onion , halved and sliced
- 2tbsp pine nut
- handful ready-to-eat apricot
- 300g bulgur wheat
- 600ml hot chicken stock (from a cube)
- handful coriander , leaves only, chopped
Step 1Rub 1 tbsp harissa paste over the chicken. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, then fry the chicken for about 3 mins on each side, until just golden (it won’t be cooked through at this stage). Remove and set aside.
Step 2Add the onions, then gently fry for 5 mins until soft. Tip in the pine nuts and continue cooking for another few mins until toasted. Tip in the apricots, bulgur and stock, then season and cover. Cook for about 10 mins until the stock is almost absorbed.
Step 3Return the chicken to the pan, re-cover and cook for 5 mins on a low heat until the liquid has been absorbed and the chicken is cooked through. Fluff up the bulgur with a fork and scatter with the coriander to serve.