Healthy Chicken Salad
This healthy chicken salad recipe is made with a mixture of Greek yogurt and cottage cheese instead of regular mayonnaise, resulting in a healthier version that's still creamy and delicious but higher in protein. Apples and dried cranberries add a sweet-tart flavor, while chopped pecans provide textural interest in every bite. Serve it on crackers, on a croissant, in a pita, or grab a fork and just dig in!
- 1(6 ounce) container fat-free Greek yogurt (such as Fage®)
- ½cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ½cup chopped celery
- ½cup diced apple
- ¼cup sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins®)
- 2tablespoons chopped onion
- 2tablespoons chopped pecans
- ½tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1¼ cups cubed, cooked chicken
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Stir Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, celery, apple, cranberries, onion, pecans, and Dijon mustard in a bowl until well combined. Mix in chicken. Season with salt and pepper.