Jessy M's Chili
I love this chili. I hope you love it as much as me. I got it from my mom, who got it from dad, who got it from our friend Steve Y. For bean lovers, add extra beans.
- Serves: 10 persons
- ½pound ground beef
- 1(15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1(15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½onion, cut into chunks
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 1tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2(46 fluid ounce) cans tomato juice, or as needed
- 1(4 ounce) packet saltine crackers, or as needed
- 1cup pickle juice, or to taste
Step 1Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
Step 2Stir pinto beans, kidney beans, onion, chili powder, and Parmesan cheese with the beef; season with salt and pepper. Pour enough tomato juice into the pot to cover the mixture by 1 inch.
Step 3Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the beans are heated through, about 10 minutes. Serve with crackers and pickle juice.