This easy compound butter brings the brawny flavors of Worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic to just about anything. Use it on steak, chicken, grilled corn on the cob or French bread — whatever you think would benefit from its intensity. Make sure to let it soften a bit before serving. Once it’s soft and spreadable, you may just want to slather it on with abandon.
- Serves: 1 person
- ½cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1tablespoon minced chives
- 2teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1garlic clove, grated or mashed to a paste
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ¼teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- ½teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Step 1In a bowl, mash together the butter, thyme, chives, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
Step 2Spoon the butter onto a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap, form into a log and wrap well. Chill for at least 2 hours before using.