Best Potatoes Ever!
These Indian potatoes taste awesome for lunch or dinner with chipatis, rotis, or wheat tortillas. The spices can be found at any Indian grocery store.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1½ tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2green chile peppers, chopped
- 1(1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1teaspoon amchoor (dried mango powder)
- ½teaspoon salt
- 1bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Step 1Place the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes, until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
Step 2Heat the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly toast the cumin seeds in the ghee. Mix in the green chile peppers and ginger. Season with chili powder and coriander. Stir in the potatoes, and cook about 5 minutes. Season with amchoor and salt, and continue cooking about 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.