Garlicky Caesar Dip
This dip is inspired by classic Caesar dressing, with plenty of garlic and anchovy to wake things up. (You can even make it dairy-free, if you like, by using vegan cream cheese, substituting 1/3 cup nutritional yeast for the Parmesan, and adding an additional 1/4 teaspoon salt.) Serve it with a platter of raw or lightly blanched vegetables sprinkled with sea salt and dig in. Leftovers make a killer spread on a turkey sandwich, or a stellar accompaniment to grilled steak.
- Serves: 2 persons
- ⅓cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 6anchovy fillets
- 4garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 ½tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8ounces cream cheese
- ¾cup grated Parmesan
- ¼cup mayonnaise
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving (optional)
- Raw or lightly blanched vegetables and potato chips, for serving
Step 1In the bowl of a food processor, combine the lemon juice, anchovies, garlic, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and process until smooth.
Step 2Add the cream cheese, Parmesan and mayonnaise and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Step 3Taste for seasonings and add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for up to 3 days before serving. Top dip with parsley, if using, and serve with crudités and potato chips.