Our savory bread pudding recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch, brunch or even dinner. It goes together fast and is packed with flavor.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 7ciabatta bread slices (3/4-inch thick)
- 5large eggs
- ½cup whipping cream
- ½cup half-and-half
- ½cup onion (pre-chopped, frozen or refrigerated)
- 8ounces Mexican four-cheese blend (shredded)
- 8ounces Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- 1(4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies (drained)
- 1(2-ounce) jar diced pimiento (drained)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Tear the bread into bite-size pieces to equal 6 cups, firmly packed.
Step 3Combine the eggs, whipping cream, half-and-half, onion, Mexican cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chilies, and pimiento in a large bowl.
Step 4Gently stir in the bread pieces.
Step 5Pour the bread mixture into lightly greased 9-inch-deep pie plates.
Step 6Bake at 425 F for 20 to 22 minutes or until browned and set. Serve immediately.