Creamy Chicken and Tomatillo Verde Pasta
A quick and super simple recipe using just a few ingredients. A fast meal for any weeknight when you're on the run.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1(16 ounce) package gemelli pasta
- 1(15 ounce) can white queso blanco cheese sauce (such as Rico's®)
- 1(12 ounce) jar tomatillo cooking sauce (such as Herdez®)
- 1pound cubed, cooked chicken
- ¼cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
Step 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add gemelli and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes.
Step 2At the same time, combine cheese sauce and tomatillo cooking sauce in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until well blended, then stir in chicken. Cook until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Step 3Drain pasta and return to the pot. Pour sauce mixture over pasta; stir and heat on medium heat until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
Step 4Serve immediately and garnish with Parmesan cheese.