Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
Classic split pea soup is prepared quickly and easily by using the Instant Pot. This hearty and budget-friendly meal is always a hit.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2cups chopped yellow onions
- ½cup chopped celery
- 4cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ¼teaspoon salt
- ¼teaspoon pepper
- 4cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2cups beer
- 2tablespoons prepared English mustard
- 3cups diced ham
- 1pound dried split peas (sorted and rinsed)
- 1 ½cups chopped carrots
- For Serving: 1 loaf crusty bread
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Set the Instant Pot to sauté and melt the butter. Add the onions, celery, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft and the onions are translucent.
Step 3Stir in the broth, beer, and English mustard. Whisk to combine.
Step 4Stir in the ham, peas, and carrots. Secure the lid and set the pressure valve to sealing. Select the manual setting and cook on high pressure 15 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Stir and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Step 5Enjoy with warm crusty bread.