Chicken Pesto Saladizza
This recipe was developed by my 10-year old daughter, based on one of her favorite flatbread sandwiches. She calls it a 'Saladizza' because it is a salad on a pizza! This recipe is fresh, nutritious, and delicious. This is a great meal for lunch or dinner.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4(7 inch) soft round flatbreads
- 1tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- ¼cup spinach pesto
- 4ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 10ounces grilled chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
Step 2Brush the surface of each flatbread round with olive oil. Flip over and spread 1 tablespoon spinach pesto and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese over each.
Step 3Place flatbreads oiled-side down on the grill. Cook until cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes. Place flatbreads on a heat-proof plate. Top each with 1 cup romaine lettuce, 2 1/2 ounces grilled chicken, 1/4 of the tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.