Savory Blue Cheese Cheesecake
A sensuous appetizer with a variety of textures and flavors. Use any type of fresh herbs you have available. Serve with an assortment of fine crackers.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 7fluid ounces heavy cream, chilled
- 5ounces blue cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ⅓cup chopped walnuts
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 5seedless red grapes, halved
Step 1Whip the cream in a medium bowl until stiff and season with salt and pepper. Set aside 1 ounce of the blue cheese, and mash the rest with a fork in a separate bowl. Stir in the basil, oregano and thyme, then fold in the whipped cream.
Step 2Place a 3 inch metal ring (or biscuit cutter) onto a serving plate, and fill the bottom with walnuts. Spoon the whipped cream mixture into the ring, and smooth the top. Carefully remove the ring. Sprinkle the remaining blue cheese and grapes over the top.