Southern Pimento Cheese
This wonderful version of pimento cheese can be used for grilled cheese sandwiches, as a spread for crackers, or served alongside your favorite fried green tomatoes.
- Serves: 3 persons
- 2cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½cup mayonnaise
- ¼teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼teaspoon onion powder
- 1jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1(4 ounce) jar diced pimento, drained
- salt and black pepper to taste
Step 1Place the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, minced jalapeno, and pimento into the large bowl of a mixer. Beat at medium speed, with paddle if possible, until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.