Hot Sausage and Black Bean Soup
Easy, hearty, and spicy soup! Enjoy! Can be served over rice.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1cup chopped onion
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2(15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1pound hot sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2cups chicken broth
- ¾cup orange juice, or to taste
Step 1Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cumin; cook for 1 minute. Add black beans, sausage, chicken broth, and orange juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors combine, 15 to 20 minutes.