Shaved Asparagus and Arugula Salad With Cilantro Dressing Recipe
Springy asparagus and peppery arugula are topped with an herb vinaigrette, crispy breadcrumbs, and salty Parmesan in this recipe.
- Serves: 4 persons
- For the Dressing:
- 3tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1tablespoon lemon zest, from 1 lemon
- 1teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2teaspoons honey
- 1 ½teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1garlic clove, finely grated
- ¼cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the Salad:
- 1(10- to 12-ounce) bunch thick asparagus, trimmed
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt, to taste
- 4ounces arugula
- 1cup edamame, cooked and shelled
- ¼cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, zest, balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, olive oil, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until smooth and well combined.
Step 3Shave the asparagus into thin strips using a vegetable peeler. If you own a spoon with a flat handle, lay an asparagus spear on the handle with the cut end hanging off. This will help you steady the spears and shave the entire asparagus.
Step 4In a large bowl, toss the shaved asparagus with half of the dressing. Set aside.
Step 5Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the panko breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, until toasted and light brown. Season with salt.
Step 6Add the arugula, edamame, and the remaining dressing to the asparagus and toss. Top with breadcrumbs and shaved Parmesan.