How to Make Authentic Bruschetta
Make authentic Italian tomato and basil bruschetta, and take a look at some suggestions for variations. It's simple and super easy to make.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2to 3 tomatoes, good quality and ripe, or cherry tomatoes; chopped
- 4tablespoons olive oil, high-quality extra-virgin , divided
- 4slices of Tuscan bread, or any other rustic Italian loaf
- 1clove garlic, peeled, sliced in half
- Garnish: salt, coarse, flaky, to taste
- Garnish: basil leaves, fresh, chopped
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Combine the chopped tomatoes and half of the olive oil in a bowl and toss. Marinate the tomatoes for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
Step 3Toast the bread slices on a charcoal grill until golden-brown and lightly marked with grill lines. You can also toast them in an oven or toaster, or on a griddle or grill pan, if charcoal grilling is not possible.
Step 4Gently rub the grilled slices of bread with the cut end of the raw garlic clove.
Step 5Top each slice with the marinated tomatoes. Sprinkling with flaky sea salt and chopped fresh basil leaves. Finish with a drizzle of the remaining olive oil. Serve immediately.