Fancy Pants Pretzel Pizzas
Kick up your Pretzel Crisps® by turning them into perfect little healthy pizza bites! Topped with a mixture of cheese and chicken sausage and carefully wrapped in chives these are sure to impress.
- Serves: 12 persons
- 12each Original Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®
- ¼cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅛cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1link sweet Italian chicken sausage, thinly sliced, or more as needed
- 12each long fresh chives for tying
- 1cup pizza sauce, purchased or homemade, heated
Step 1Preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange Pretzel Crisps® on foil.
Step 2Combine mozzarella, Parmesan, and parsley in a small bowl. Carefully top each crisp with about 1 teaspoon of the mixture. Place pan under broiler; broil until cheese is warm and beginning to melt, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
Step 3Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and sausage. Cook and stir until sausage is nicely browned on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Step 4Top the cheese on each Pretzel Crisp® with a piece of sausage. Carefully wrap a chive around the middle of the crisp tying it into a knot. Cut off any excess chive and place on your serving platter. Serve immediately with pizza sauce for dipping.