Juicy Oven-Baked Burgers
This recipe for baked hamburgers gets kicked up a notch with Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, and seasonings, which add flavor and moisture.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1 ½pounds ground beef
- 2teaspoons steak sauce
- ½teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1teaspoon salt
- ¼teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6hamburger buns (split and lightly toasted)
- Optional: 6 slices American cheese
- Optional: 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- Optional: 6 lettuce leaves
- Optional: 18 dill pickle slices
Step 1Gather the ingredients and heat the oven to 400 F.
Step 2In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Blend thoroughly.
Step 3Shape the meat mixture into 6 equal patties.
Step 4Heat a heavy, oven-safe skillet or grill pan over high heat on the stovetop. Sear the patties for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, just enough to brown them.
Step 5Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes longer or until the burgers reach a food-safe internal temperature of at least 160 F .
Step 6Serve the burgers on split toasted buns with your favorite toppings, such as cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and pickle slices, and the condiments of your choice.