Hamburger Soup With Black-Eyed Peas and Kale
Learn how to make a tasty hamburger soup that's packed with nutritious ingredients that's perfect for a family or winter dinner.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1medium onion (chopped)
- 2small cloves garlic (minced)
- 2medium carrots (diced)
- 2cups chopped kale
- 2cups beef stock or broth (low sodium or unsalted)
- 1can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1can (15 ounces) black-eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1cup corn kernels
- ½teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- ¼teaspoon ground black pepper
Step 1Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat.
Step 2Add the ground beef and onion ; saute, stirring, until the ground beef is no longer pink and onions are lightly browned.
Step 3Add the minced garlic and carrots and cook for 1 minute longer.
Step 4Add the beef stock or broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 5Add the kale, tomatoes, black-eyed peas, corn, and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
Step 6Serve with hot baked cornbread or corn muffins.