Creamy Eggplant Campanelle
I'm Italian and rarely cook with a recipe. I love to make things up with what I have on hand and this was one of those recipes! It seems like they turn out the best!
- Serves: 8 persons
- 4tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1large eggplant, cubed
- 1(16 ounce) package penne pasta, dry
- ½(8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- ½cup 1% milk, or as needed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, or to taste
- ¼cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1While the pasta is cooking, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a large frying pan. Heat over medium heat. Add garlic to hot oil and saute until tender, but not brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggplant, salt, and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until eggplant is tender and browned, about 15 minutes.
Step 2While the eggplant is cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add campanelle and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain.
Step 3Add cream cheese and 1/2 cup milk to the eggplant; stir to combine. Add more milk if necessary to make a smooth cream sauce. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Step 4Serve eggplant mixture over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.