Bavarian Chanterelle Mushrooms with Bacon
Bacon and mushrooms are a match made in heaven. When you have the luxury of fresh chanterelles, this simple dish is an easy but exquisite way to prepare them. Serve with a baguette and white wine.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1tablespoon butter
- 2slices lean bacon, chopped
- 1small onion, finely chopped
- 1pound chanterelle mushrooms, cut lengthwise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or to taste
Step 1Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon and onion until onion is soft and translucent and bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes.
Step 2Add chanterelle mushrooms and simmer in the skillet until liquid has completely boiled off, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.