Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage and Brussels Sprout Salad
Sauteed smoked sausage is the perfect addition to this Brussels sprout salad dressed with walnuts, cranberries, and cider vinaigrette.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1(14 ounce) package Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage, bias-sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon minced shallot
- 2teaspoons honey
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- ½teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓cup olive oil
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- ½medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½cup dried cranberries
Step 1In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage slices over medium heat about 5 minutes or until browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
Step 2For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, combine cider vinegar, shallot, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil and beat until combined.
Step 3In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage, Brussels sprouts, red onion, walnuts, and dried cranberries. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Gently toss.
Step 4Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 4 hours.