Chinese Stir-Fry Scallop With Vegetables Recipe
Recipe for really delicious Sixi Scallop. This dish is a perfect Chinese stir-fry dish complete with delicious scallops and vegetables
- Serves: 4 persons
- Ingredients for Scallops:
- 1pound/400 grams scallops
- 1medium carrot (washed and peeled; cut it into slices)
- 1red bell pepper (cut it into 2 cm diamond shape)
- 1yellow bell pepper (cut it into 2 cm diamond shape)
- 8ounces/200 grams snow peas (mangetout)
- 1clove garlic (chop finely)
- 1slice ginger (chop finely)
- ½chilli (cut into thin slice)
- ½cup chicken stock (you can also use chicken broth or vegetable stock to really enhance the flavors)
- 2teaspoons salt
- 2tablespoons potato starch (or corn flour)
- 2tablespoons cold water
- Marinade for Scallops:
- ¼teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon white pepper (ground)
- 1tablespoon rice wine
Step 1Marinade scallops with rice wine or dried sherry, salt and ground white pepper.
Step 2Heat up a wok with 1 tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the garlic, ginger and chili until fragrant
Step 3Add carrot and keep stir-frying for 1 minute.
Step 4Add yellow and red pepper and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
Step 5Add mangetout (snow peas) and mix it evenly, then add stock and cook at high heat until the stock has reduced a little bit. (about 1/3 of stock)
Step 6Add scallop and gently mix evenly and stir-fry until the scallops are cooked. This should only take a couple minutes but it depends on the thickness and the size of your scallop.
Step 7Mix the potato starch with cold water to make a slurry of potato starch water. Stir the potato starch water into the pot and bring it to boil again. It’s now ready to serve.